In Matthew 23:13-26 Jesus gives a pronouncement of woe against the scribes and pharisees. He exposes their hypocrisy as only he can do. He does this so that we can see his assessment of hypocrisy and not be fooled by hypocritical religion.
We will consider these five points in regard to the Scribes and Pharisees:
1. The danger of them. (vv. 13-15)
2. The blindness of them. (vv. 16-24)
3. The deceitfulness of them. (vv. 25-28)
4. The sinfulness of them. (vv. 29-36)
5. The answer for them in Christ.