We will be taking a break from our study of Matthew’s gospel to consider the message of Psalm 46. Psalm 46:1 is the theme verse for this year’s Thank Offering. Psalm 46 is a psalm of faith that challenges us to live by faith as a true and faithful church of Christ.
We will consider these five points:
1. God is with us as he promised. (This is the theme of the psalm.)
2. The confidence we can have because of it. (vv. 2-3)
3. The special blessing known within the church (vv. 4-5)
4. The victory he ensures. (vv. 6, 8-9)
5. The exhortation for our faith. (v. 10)